The All-New 455 Balanced Regulator sets the KM 97 apart from all other models. The 455 balanced regulator is all stainless steel and offers virtually the same superior breathing performance as the REX® regulator, with a lower profile. The overall outstanding performance of the 455 regulator sets a new standard for commercial diving helmets and Band-Masks®.
The KM 97 commercial diving helmet has all the advancements & features found on other Kirby Morgan stainless steel helmets:
• Rugged helmet shell that is easy to maintain – No refinishing required if the surface is scratched or gouged.
• Elimination of threaded inserts for securing the port retainer to the helmet shell.
• Elimination of shell mounted weights.
• Removable Grip and Handle. The handle can be removed without breaking seals, making it quick and easy to attach accessories.
• A “built in” emergency valve that is an integral part of the stainless steel sideblock.
The Quad Valve Exhaust System and quick change modular communications are also standard on the KM 97. These and many other KM 97 parts are shared with other models. If you keep a Kirby Morgan® helmet spare parts inventory, you’re already stocked with many KM 97 spares.